Kim Vu is the Executive Chef and Owner of Vucacious Catering. Thanks to Franke Santos for introducing us years ago!
In this episode, we discuss…
- The incredible story of how her parents and siblings were separated in Vietnam (during the Vietnam War) and how they were reunited in the United States. #wow
- Why she feels more Vietnamese than American, and how that affects how she approaches work.
- How you can apply the Scientific Method to anything.
Listen to an update of Kim's story here.
Find Kim / Vucacious Catering online
Career advice to her younger self
Mentioned in the Episode
- Caltech | The California Institute of Technology
- Vietnam War | The Flight/Evacuation in 1975 | Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon)
- Explaining ‘Chain Migration' Or ‘Family Reunification' (NPR)
- Bob Fosse, Dance, Director & Choreographer: All That Jazz performance
- Houston PREP (Houston Pre-freshman Enrichment Program)
- TAMS (Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science at the University of North Texas
- This Female Mutant Crayfish Clones Itself, and It’s Taking Over Europe #goals 😉
- Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
- More information about Master Chef Apprenticeships
- 5 Apps or Services She Can't Live Without
- Possibility Model: Jemie Sae Koo (Chief Marketing Officer)