Linette Coste is the Head of Events and Partnerships at Cross Campus, a co-working and events space with multiple locations in Los Angeles.
In this episode, we discuss…
- The genius way she learned how to read English and how it helped her skip Kindergarten.
- How she got into event planning and how she found freelancing projects.
- Her decision to move to California (from New York); her “Love Letter to New York” bucket list experiences she had before moving; and how she found a job in Los Angeles in less than a month.
Find Linette online
Career advice to her younger self
Don't be afraid to take chances earlier.
If Linette was a song, she would be…
Mentioned in the Episode
- Cross Campus
- In The Heights (Broadway Show) | Created by Lin Manuel-Miranda
- National Dance Institute (NDI)
- Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF)
- The Juilliard School
- Julia Alvarez: Her books
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- 9/11 Attacks
- Team In Training | Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Barclays buys Lehman Brothers
- Her New York Bucket List (activities she did before moving to California): Empire State Building | Central Park | New York Yankees (baseball)
- Bikram Yoga 30-Day Challenge
- The Creative Circle
- Catalina Islands
- Jeff Bezos: Amazon 2017 Super Bowl Commercial (parts were filmed at Cross Campus)
- Pete Souza: Obama: An Intimate Portrait*
- Rachel Roy
- Apps or Services She Can't Live Without
- Rover (dog-walking app)
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (movie)
- Her Possibility Model: her Aunt, Ynoemia Villar, who self-publishes books. Maria de nadie* | De mujeres y vampiros: Armagedon*
*An asterisk means the item is an affiliate link. Click here to learn what that means.